All Board Members (Directors)
- Must hold SF3 Membership at the time of appointment and maintain that Membership for the duration of office
- Attend Annual Membership Meeting
- Contribute to all board conversations outside of Annual Membership Meeting in good faith
- Undertake 1-2 hours of work pertaining to Board responsibilities for oversight and direction of the organization
- Conform to Conflict of Interest Policy
- Remain aware of all SF3 & SF3 project policy; propose and participate in creating policy as appropriate
- Vote on all issues before the Board
- Review, vote to accept or reject, and sign contracts on behalf of the organization
- Whenever a vacancy occurs, appoint officers (President, Treasurer, Secretary) each year from among the current Board, per Wisconsin nonprofit law
- Manage oversight for all Board work, including accountability and individual Board member responsiveness
- Declare Board decisions final following any votes, and communicate them to the appropriate committees, volunteers, and other parties; cast the deciding vote in the case that a Board decision is found to be at an impasse
- Serve as a signatory on SF3 bank accounts and hold a credit card on behalf of the Board, to be used for general SF3 purchases.
- Provide Secretary with a list of items for annual meeting, from which to draft the agenda, and run the Annual Membership Meeting
- Per the bylaws, appoint & identify committee chairs; represents SF3 on ceremonial occasions
- Manage sf3.org website and serve as co-admin on the secure online document storage account (Box). Serve as titular owner on committee online workspaces (Basecamp).
- Serve as backup to the Treasurer in cases where they are unavailable.
- Submit annual SF3 budgets to the Board for approval, including those for all Committees, soliciting input as necessary
- Submit SF3 taxes and other licenses/permits
- Maintain D&O Insurance for SF3 triannually and acquire event insurance for all in-person events
- Monitor PO Box; delegate collection of mail to a secondary Board member if necessary
- Serve as main admin for Board-specific secure online document storage (Box); set access & permissions appropriately, and conduct general oversight regarding the contents of the account
- Give advice regarding financial requests for one-time purchases, including durable equipment made by committees including the ConCom, in terms of SF3â€™s total holdings
- Liaise with and supervise the work of SF3â€™s volunteer bookkeeper, who maintains financial records and prepares reports
- Serve as backup for the Secretaryâ€™s duties in cases where they are unavailable.
- Track all voting proxies submitted by members not attending the Annual Membership Meeting
- Call and record all votes during the Annual Membership Meeting
- Take minutes at the Annual Membership Meeting
- Work with President to post Annual Membership Meeting minutes to SF3 website
- Mark minutes from most recent year â€œTo be approved at (date of next meeting) Membership Meetingâ€, following approval, mark minutes â€œApproved at (date of approval meeting) Membership Meetingâ€.
- Contact Board members monthly as a group for upcoming task/progress updates
- Work with the President to ensure that all work accomplished during the Annual Membership Meeting, such as confirmation of Committee Chairs, is reflected on the SF3 website.
- Monitor all general emails addressed to SF3 and respond or share with the rest of the Board as appropriate when the Secretary is unable to do so.
- Receive meeting items from President and create Annual Membership Meeting agenda
- Send agenda and any grant application materials to members prior to meeting
- Receive list of paid members from Treasurer, communicate details of meeting including phone number for conference call and physical location of meeting to all membership
- Monitor and review content on SF3 website biannually for accuracy and communicate any necessary changes to the President
- Keep all Board policies and procedures up to date, recommending new policy as appropriate.
- Communicate with all SF3 Grant applicants and recipients, deal with inquiries throughout the year.
- Monitor all general emails addressed to SF3 and respond or share with the rest of the Board as appropriate.